Welcome! After more than two years, I have decided to create a new blog. My last blog had a very rough ending, and I wanted to make sure that if I ever blogged again, it would be completely different from my old blog. A recent conversation with a friend sparked my idea for creating a blog about poetry, specifically my poetry (self-indulgent and narcissistic, no?). Also, reading the well-written personal blogs of my friends, I realized how much I missed blogging.
I love writing poems, and they are my main way of expressing feelings, ideas, and opinions. Poetry is all about creating a maximum amount of emotions, images, and thoughts with a minimum of words, phrases, and sentences. Poetry is also about open interpretation; it never means the exact same thing to any one person.
Writing poetry is also a very private form of creative expression. Only a writer knows the real meaning or story behind a poem. A writer may think she will expose herself if a particular poem is shared, but the reader may interpret it in a completely different way based on their own personalities, experiences, and backgrounds. Yet not every poem has a deep meaning; some are just pretty little packages of words, like haikus, short and sweet.
My goal is to blog for at least one year, featuring one personal poem per day for five days a week. These poems won't always be a finished product; they'll just be my favorite, current visions. Some of my poems don't even have titles, but I will give them titles for the blog. Also, I will stay away from explaining why or how I was inspired to write a particular poem--unless a background story is necessary.
Since this is the first time I will be sharing a lot of poems, some which I feel very personal about, this blog is members-only for now. I chose you to be a reader because we share a love for discussing literature, reading and collecting books, and savoring poetry.
Thank you for joining my blog. Thank you for reading my poems--the good, the bad, and the unfinished.
A Welcome Haiku
Join me to read poems--
Delight, regret, and savor
Find and lose yourself
Image: Symphony in Flesh Colour and Pink: Portrait of Mrs Frances Leyland - James McNeill Whistler
I love writing poems, and they are my main way of expressing feelings, ideas, and opinions. Poetry is all about creating a maximum amount of emotions, images, and thoughts with a minimum of words, phrases, and sentences. Poetry is also about open interpretation; it never means the exact same thing to any one person.
Writing poetry is also a very private form of creative expression. Only a writer knows the real meaning or story behind a poem. A writer may think she will expose herself if a particular poem is shared, but the reader may interpret it in a completely different way based on their own personalities, experiences, and backgrounds. Yet not every poem has a deep meaning; some are just pretty little packages of words, like haikus, short and sweet.
My goal is to blog for at least one year, featuring one personal poem per day for five days a week. These poems won't always be a finished product; they'll just be my favorite, current visions. Some of my poems don't even have titles, but I will give them titles for the blog. Also, I will stay away from explaining why or how I was inspired to write a particular poem--unless a background story is necessary.
Since this is the first time I will be sharing a lot of poems, some which I feel very personal about, this blog is members-only for now. I chose you to be a reader because we share a love for discussing literature, reading and collecting books, and savoring poetry.
Thank you for joining my blog. Thank you for reading my poems--the good, the bad, and the unfinished.
A Welcome Haiku
Join me to read poems--
Delight, regret, and savor
Find and lose yourself
Image: Symphony in Flesh Colour and Pink: Portrait of Mrs Frances Leyland - James McNeill Whistler

I like the word "treacly."
ReplyDelete