Note: There are little moments in our lives that continue to haunt us at inopportune times. A thought reminds you of another, and soon something that was once forgotten is remembered again. This poem is from a moment that happened five years ago that I still can't fully forget.Through the door, through the door
Through the door
We merge into the door
Through the dark, through the dark
Through the dark/ness
Forward, I step but you
You slice into my vision,
In front of me,
Through the door,
Through the dark
And I fight tears that come
To me in the dark
Because you did it again
Again again arrogance
I’m left invisible while you
You are visible—briefly—
In the light quieting into dark
That disappears
I enter and we both disappear
through the door
the door into
into the dark/ness
Written: 12/31/08
Image: Woman at Window - Pierre Bonnard

No comments:
Post a Comment