![]() |
| When the World Sleeps - Dan-ah Kim |
shunting east and west,
an Ed Hopper subject
below unflattering neon lights
Alone as a nighthawk,
I cross my ankles and sit
in my whitewashed metallic cocoon,
looking at my reflection, paled
against the extending darkness outside
It's during these times, an hour beyond
the city, when words resurface and stretch
across the aisles, the sleeping passengers,
the still and lonely suburban landscape
"I used to think I had the perfect friendships
but now I feel there is an unspoken
something--whatever that something is--
preventing us from moving forward and
just getting beyond--"
"It's always complicated with women--
sometimes, you just need to enjoy the moment
and not look too deep into it. I think you know
why you feel there is something wrong--"
What is it?--traveling together, I am still alone,
left wondering and thinking too much (again, again)
about why I feel there is something wrong,
something constantly swallowed by the night
Written: 9/1/10


No comments:
Post a Comment