![]() |
| Barber Shop - Edward Hopper |
“Sure, I think that’s right to a degree. I’m not sure if you’re really missing anything, but there is something about being with someone in a relationship. It’s not like you start depending on the other person, but there is an unspoken dependency. The more you get to know someone, the more you begin realizing that this person is a constant, someone who you can rely on when all your friends are busy or can’t be with you. “Um…it almost sounds like the guy is your last call, your last resort.” Jillian was a little puzzled.
“Oh no, that’s not what I meant at all. I guess having someone is just different. After a while, you reach this certain level of emotional attachment and dependency that’s just different from what you have with your close friends. I don’t know how to explain it exactly…just that it’s different. You’re not each other’s last resorts, but you are each other’s safety nets. You don’t always have to be there for each other, but you find that you want to be and you will be when no one else is or can be around. Does that make sense?”


No comments:
Post a Comment