Here is the email I received at 4:20 pm today:
Subject: CONGRATULATIONS! re: Poetry Contest: A Strand Sonnet
Congratulations!
You are the Grand Prize Winner of the Strand’s Share the Love Poetry Contest!
Thank you so much for your poem. We are going to hang it in the Broadway window this evening, post it on strandbooks.com and will send out an e-newsletter featuring it next week.
Would you please send me your mailing address so we can send you your $250 gift card?
I’ll make sure to alert you if/when press publishes the poem.
Thank you so much!
Very best,
Christina F.
Director, Store Events & Marketing
***
You can see my poem posted on the Strand website, along with the 2nd and 3rd place winners: Strand Bookstore: Share the Love Poetry Contest Winners
I did stop by the Strand earlier this evening to see the poem in the window, but I arrived too early and it hadn't been posted yet. I'm definitely going back (with my camera) to see it!


No comments:
Post a Comment