Monday, February 1, 2010

Haiku Variations: The Strand

Note: My mind's still thinking about The Strand's poetry contest.  I wrote a few simple haikus.  What do you think? I feel like each haiku missing that one, punchy "ah ha" thing that makes it stand out--I just can't quite figure out what it is yet.  Share your thoughts and comments!

1
On 12th and Broadway
Poems, cook books, memoirs, and prose
Love in 18 miles

2
Love is stretched for miles
Art, cook books, memoirs, and poems
The Strand is heaven

3
Heaven is the Strand
18 miles of divine books
Love in every aisle

4
Heaven is the Strand
18 miles of paradise
Love on every shelf

5
Heaven is the Strand
Austen, Kafka, Plath, and Seuss
Love on every shelf

6
Heaven is the Strand
Austen, Kafka, Plath, and Seuss
Angels on each shelf

7
Find heaven at Strand
Austen, Kafka, Plath, and Seuss
Authors with halos


Written: 1/14/10

No comments:

Post a Comment