long bare legs and (short) skirts
strutting on an avenue runway
Long brunette hair, swinging
over shoulders half-fleshed,
tight tops, a talent showcase of
wild child, youth bolding
Assured, confident in a blurry group
of black and blue, hair straight and shining
in the lamplights, these half-bloomed
girls laugh, mouths open
Skinny legs high heel forward,
seeking to gain ground,
to prove themselves of another age,
to show their pact to laugh and swing
The moment of movement passes—
and the perennial girls continue down Broadway,
smiling, revealing, emerging into their prime
Written: 10/14/09
Photo: Tim Walker


where are you getting the photographs? they are nice.
ReplyDeleteMost of the dreamy photographs are by Tim Walker, a British fashion photographer who's worked for Vogue and Harper's Bazaar. He came out with a huge book last year that has a bunch of his photos--I just bought it at the Strand (only copy!). There was also a Tim Walker calendar that I failed to buy last year--I regret it now, but at least I have the book!
ReplyDelete